Welcome to After Hours Clinic! We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin your lifelong journey to health and wellness.
After Hours Clinic
It can sometimes be extremely difficult to get a doctor’s appointment at a time that suits you. Many of us work such long hours through the week when most doctor’s surgeries and practices are open. As a result, trying to get an appointment when they are open at a time that suits you is incredibly frustrating for most people who are in regular full-time jobs.
Because of this difficulty in booking an appointment, some people simply head straight to the local emergency room (ER). However, as the majority of ER services are overstretched at the best of times these days, all of these individuals who go for minor issues are putting a further strain on departments. Waiting times increase and emergency department (ED) staff are put under a lot more stress.
If your case isn’t an emergency and you can’t fit in an appointment with your regular doctor, there is no need to head straight to the hospital. Instead, you could simply go to a nearby walk-in clinic or urgent care.
What Can Be Treated At An After Hours Urgent Care Service?
As long as your issue isn’t serious or life-threatening, it will be able to be treated at an after hours clinic. Here are some examples of what can be taken care of.
- Seasonal allergies
- Tramadol for Back pain and muscle sprains
- Minor fractures, such as fingers and toes
- Colds, the flu, and bronchitis
- Minor cuts and burns
- Dog B
- Constant vomiting and diarrhea
These are just a few examples of what can be treated at an after hours, or urgent care. If you think that your medical issue might be more serious, it’s worth calling your doctor and asking them for advice. Of course, if you do arrive at your nearest after hours clinic with a serious condition, you will be immediately directed to the nearest hospital.
If you are ever suffering from severe chest pains and are short of breath, you should call 911 straight away. In this instance, the ambulance and paramedics will likely take you straight to the ER rather than after hours. Similarly, if you are calling for an ambulance on behalf of someone who has been in a bad accident or suffered a head injury, you will also be taken to the local emergency room. But for any other case where your life isn’t at risk, it should be perfectly fine to head straight to your nearest urgent care center.
What You Should Expect From Your After Hours Clinic
When you visit an after hours clinic, you will find that it is much like visiting a regular doctor’s practice. The main difference is that you can’t usually book an appointment. You simply turn up, register at the reception, and then wait until you are called to go through to see a doctor or nurse. As this isn’t your regular doctor, though, the clinic might not be so familiar with you and probably won’t have instant access to your medical records. So, here are a few things to bear in mind.
- You will probably be asked a lot of questions. These will all be related to your current issue and your medical history. The doctor or nurse will need to ask you these so that they can determine what is wrong with you and the best way to treat you. Not only that, though, but the questions about your medical history will also help them determine whether this current case is linked to an underlying condition. They will also want to know whether you have any allergies to medication that they need to be aware of.
- You should also take any medication or daily supplements that you currently take. It is important that you tell the doctor or nurse everything about any current course of medicine that you are on as they don’t want to prescribe you anything else that might interact with it badly and cause any untoward side effects. Plus, it could be this medication that is causing you the problem in the first place.
- Let them know about any non-medical allergies as well. This could be an allergy to certain types of food, dust, animals, or plants. No matter what your allergy might be, you should let the staff at the after hour clinic be aware of it, even if you don’t think it will be relevant. There is still a chance that it could be linked to your current medical problem.
Next time you feel ill or are injured, think whether your after local hours clinic is the best place to go.